Monday, November 11, 2013

Always Busy

Everyone has always said that senior year of high school is crazy, but I didn't believe it until it smacked me in the face!

College applications, college visits, college interviews, homeschool group, and seven classes. That's my life right now.
I love it, I really do. I love looking forward to college, and I love visiting colleges that could be my home next year. I'm done with the applications now, and I liked my essay pretty well after I was done with it. I even enjoy my interviews to an extent, because, honestly, I like to talk about myself. The homeschool group is fantastic; I get to teach art classes once a month, help choose what to watch on movie nights, assist in organizing field trips, and hang out with kids who may be loud and crazy but are also adorable and a ton of fun! Hey, I even like most of my classes (precalculus and physics not so much, though), but all of it at once is just chaotic and overwhelming!
I applied to five colleges - Bellarmine, Centre, Berea, Transylvania, and Earlham - and I've been trying to get a good feel for each one of them. This means going on overnight visits and attending open houses. It's great fun and I have learned a lot, but for the past five or six weeks, I have been missing one or two days of school every week. Combine that with anxiety, depression, and just being worn out, and you get a lot of unfinished homework piling up. I'm catching up, little by little, and during the holiday season, my schedule will actually be a little less busy, so I'll be back on track before too long.

This is my explanation for why I haven't posted in a while, even though I said I would do so more often I'll try to keep you all up to date on what's going on with me, though.
For now, I'll leave you with a sneak peek of the photos from my senior portrait session, which my lovely Dada took for me and which I am editing. Enjoy!

.

1 comment:

  1. You're awesome and I'm proud of you. I want to be like you when I grow up.

    And who's this Dada person? He's a darn good photographer!

    ReplyDelete